(Chicago, January 28, 2015)
… Filming is currently underway for a new feature-length documentary on the 1985 Super Bowl-Champion Chicago Bears. “’85: The Story Of The Greatest Team In Pro Football History” is slated for release this fall, coinciding with the 30th anniversary of this iconic team’s lone Super Bowl winning season.
A Chicago production team has assembled a unique cast to tell the story of the 1985 Chicago Bears. ’85 Bears linebacker Otis Wilson is a co-producer of the film.
Pro football Hall of Famer and ’85 Bear Dan Hampton and Bears legend Steve “Mongo” McMichael have already been involved in the filming of the documentary with more Hall of Famers from the team slotted as well, including Mike Singletary, Richard Dent and Coach Mike Ditka. Several other notable players, including Kevin Butler and Willie Gault are scheduled to participate as well as a host of celebrities, including the Reverend Jesse Jackson, ESPN’s Michael Wilborn and Chicago Sun-Times
sportswriter Rick Telander.
“Our film is the first in-depth telling of all that happened on and off the field during this championship season,” said Chicago attorney Rich Lenkov, producer and longtime Chicago Bears fan. “This storied team comes to life through the voices of its players, coaches, superfans and prominent Chicagoans.”
The documentary was recently highlighted in The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
See link HERE
The production team includes:
- Scott Prestin (Director/Producer) is a director, producer and attorney with more than 15 years of film production experience. His most recent work is the official documentary of the best-selling book “John Wayne Gacy: Defending a Monster”.
- Rich Lenkov (Producer) is a member of the law firm of Bryce Downey & Lenkov. He has been involved in theatrical productions including “Rock of Ages” and “The Rascals: Once Upon a Dream”.
- Tom Pellegrini (Executive Producer)is the producer of “Jiro Dreams of Sushi”, “Hesher” (Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Natalie Portman) and “Sympathy For Delicious” (Mark Ruffalo, Orlando Bloom, Laura Linney).
- Otis Wilson (Executive Producer) is a legendary linebacker and key member of the dominant 4-6 defense from the Super Bowl XX-winning ‘85 Chicago Bears. Otis was a soloist on the “Super Bowl Shuffle” video, still the only hit single by a professional sports team. Otis currently runs the Otis Wilson Charitable Association.
- Joseph Klest (Associate Producer) is a personal injury attorney representing clients throughout Illinois and across the nation. Joe is recognized as a “go-to” resource on civil sex abuse and injury cases, and is considered a pioneer in representing abuse victims having co-authored the 2003 Illinois Child Protection Act.
- Marc Menet (Cinematographer) is a heralded Chicago-based freelance-cinematographer and a member of the International Cinematographers Guild. His work has appeared on Showtime, National Geographic, History Channel, Weather Channel, Animal Planet, VH1, NBC, Fox, Fox Sports, PBS and others including the 2009 Chicago Cubs documentary, “We Believe”. Marc currently also teaches production and cinematography at DePaul University.
The ‘85 Bears are one of the most colorful and talented football teams of all-time. In their Super Bowl-winning year, they had the first-ranked defense, shut out both of their conference playoff opponents and in their Super Bowl XX victory in New Orleans, they set records for both total points scored and margin of victory – records that still stand. In 2011, President Obama called the ’85 Bears “the greatest team in NFL history.”